side bars

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Inspiration & Information - on the web















I have been asked where I get my inspiration from and where do I buy my products for scrapbooking.

So, below are a few websites that I have bookmarked and view frequently for inspiration.

  • Scrapbook.com is a fantastic site.  You can search by photo size, by style, by technique or by designer.
  • A Cherry On Top, is another fantastic site which I like because I can search by Brand (ie. Bo Bunny or Basic Grey) for layouts that others have created with their product lines.
  • Two Peas In A Bucket.  Very well organized site that is extremely searchable by photo size, company, technique etc.
  • Scrap Jazz.  Again well organized into searchable categories.
You will find that most of these four sites have alot of overlap.  If a good designer posts their work to one site they will likely post it to all of these sites.  I generally look at them at least weekly to keep up with the new trends and techniques.

Most of the Brand sites also have galleries too.  However I find that they are very narrow in their scope; and by that I mean that if you go to the Bo Bunny site, the layouts are using strictly Bo Bunny products and wouldn't incorporate a competitor's products into the layouts.  And for good reason, they are selling their stuff and not the guy down the road's stuff.

As for where do I buy my product from.  I'm fortunate enough to live in an area that has a few scrapbooking stores around.  There are two in Cornwall, and a few in Ottawa.

Here are a few links to the local stores and some Canadian stores that I have ordered from as well.
  • Auntie Em's.  My favorite local store.  Emma has all kinds of wonderful treats in there.  She carries quite a variety of lines and companies. 
  • Scrap City.  On Cornwall Island.  Little bit smaller store.  These guys don't have a website, but here is a google link for address and phone number.
  • Scrap That.  An online retailer in Alberta with fantastic shipping rates.
  • The Paper Passion.  Another local store to me; Ottawa.  However Rosa will be closing this store soon, so she is liquidating all of her product, good time to stock up on what she may have left in store.
  • Tina's Scrapbooking Creations.  Another local to me store. Tina is in Winchester ON. 
That about does it for the Canadian retailers... but I have a few American ones that have pretty good rates to Canada.
  • What We Found.  I've ordered a few times from this one, out of Oregon USA.  They are very quick with the shipping too; reasonably price.  Just remember that when you order from the states you may end up paying duty, and don't forget the exchange rate!
  • Custom Crops.  Probably the best site I've found for Cricut products.
  • Crafty Steals.  A good one to subscribe to; these guys have one item for sale every day, and shipping to Canada is CHEAP!  I do find they tend to repeat their 'steals' a bit, but keep an eye on it, they switch it up every so often.
Well there you have it folks, that's pretty much where I get all my STUFF.

Happy crafting, and if you have a favorite site that I should know about, leave me a comment.  Ah heck leave me a comment anyway, I'd love to hear where you get your stuff from too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails