side bars

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Memories - layout

I started with two photo of my husband and I that really weren't all that old, 8 years actually.  I wanted to make them look very old and vintage, so I used a program called Picnik to alter them. 

I used Tim Holtz distress inks to age up a black on white toile imaged paper.  I did the same for the Jenni Bowlin music paper.  The black and white damask-like piece at the bottom is Basic Grey - Origins and I didn't have to antique that up.  I used some Bo Bunny double dot for the border.

The die cut clock and lamp post are both cut on my Cricut from the cartridge Graphically Speaking, the word love is from Home Decor.  The clock I had painted with copper paint then used crackle paint over it.  I used clear embossing powder on the clock hands several times to give a fantastic thick glossy finish. The key is Tim Holtz grunge board that I inked up and added a touch of metallic paint.  The keyhole beside it is a brad! The pin at the top is a Karen Foster "Page Pin-Up" 

Last but not least, I have an old Dymo tape machine from my late father - man they used to have labels on EVERYthing! I had never used this before and thought that it would be fitting for this layout. 

I had so much fun with this layout! 

Please post your comments, I love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails