side bars

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Red Friday & Sweet Dreams - layouts

                                 

Red Friday


Every Friday we all wear red to show our support for our troops. My husband was in the Canadian Forces for 21 years, my sister is a member as well. So it is important for us to do this, as little as it may be, we remember every Friday.


This LO was my first real attempt at using Glimmer Mist. I loved how it turned out - using as a relief for the word "and" and the flourish. I used some older supply of Basic Grey's Stella Ruby that I thought would be perfect for the colouring with this photo. Prima flowers and a Dollar Store rose that I stamped on. I used a Support Our Troops zipper pull as an embellishment and Basic Grey buttons.


The caption reads: Red Friday! Showing our support for our troops May 2010














Sweet Dreams


I used Bo Bunny - Love Shack line - papers for the background and the circles. I used some Bo Bunny clear swirls on the right, and bit of Basic Grey for some of the flowers - the one on the right is handmade, the others are Prima. The bling, butterflies and little flowers are Creative Charms (one of the Crafty Steal deals that I got)


Soon I will be experimenting outside of my box - I've bought some Graphic 45 papers and some Tim Holtz crackle paint, lets see what I can do!


Let me know what you think, and leave me a comment. Show your support - follow my blog :o)


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails