side bars

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tourist Style & Signature Lounge - Chicago trip 8x8 album

So, I decided to dedicate an entire album to my Chicago Trip ... crazy I know, but I decided it was time for me to try my hand at doing an 8x8 album.  Thinking this would be easier than doing 12x12 ... let me tell you, after you put a 4x6 photo on there their ain't much left of the page to scrapbook ... not sure if this makes for easier scrapbooking or not.  I also found that there wasn't a whole lot of room for titles... so I've been doing something that I'm not a big fan of - journal strips - let me tell you IT WORKS in this case!  I'm actually beginning to enjoy the 8x8.

Doing It Tourist Style
First of all... this photo turned out really dark ... sorry about that... its so much better in 'real life'.

I used some Basic Grey Capella line for the half frame and handmade flower. A little left over Nook & Pantry for the strips on the right.  I used a Fancy Pants rub-on in the corner (the floral one) and a couple of Bo Bunny bracket rub-ons.  Basic Grey's Chocolate Chip Chipboard Stickers for the lettering.  I used some Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist for the matting behind the photo - SO LOVING that colour right now!

Signature Lounge
Using some OLD cardstock that I got in a package from Costco of all places (the striped paper) and some regular craft paper all distressed up (used my new favorite tool the Zutter Distrezz-It-All) and some Bo Bunny double dot in Curry. Did all the journaling on the same Bo Bunny Curry - just used the back of it and ran it through my printer.

Simple as that ... and going to be a pretty quick album I tell ya!

On another note... I picked up some Basic Grey Jovial papers ... is it too early to be getting excited about Christmas?  I think not :o)

Enjoy, and let me know what you think :o)  I value your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails