side bars

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Page Maps Calendar featuring Basic Grey's Marjolaine collection

Wow - it's already Cinco De Mayo (alright - tomorrow is May 5th) where did April go?  Maybe it got washed away in all that RAIN we have been getting!

So, what does May bring? Other than flowers, it brings another Monthly Inspiration over at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking, that's what.  This month was all about the Basic Grey (both mine and Mellisa's favorite!)  We both used the Marjolaine collection for our layouts this month ... wow did I have fun.

I titled this layout "1st Summer Smiles".  The pagemap called for four photos ... and you know how much I HATE doing multiple photos ... well this time I thought I would use two, and on the second one I would duplicate the photo with a larger size of the same photo.  Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

I'm loving the colours of the lime green and the blue in this line, it is true, lime green goes with any colour!  I did another one of my 'famous' mitred frames on this LO and used a whole bunch of glazed brads, I simply love the BG brads!  I made my own tickets for the top simply by using a hole punch on the corners and in the centre and drawing a free-hand border to them.  Some Petaloo flowers and some hemp thread and it's done.

The journaling reads:
"Nigel what a memorable day May 25th 2010 was in Niagara Falls.  A perfect family vacation with Logan and his family."

Be sure to check out Auntie Em's Scrapbooking this week, they are celebrating  their 7th Anniversary, and there are LOTS of different sales going on all week.  And remember - for the entire month of May you can get 10% off all Basic Grey's Marjolaine!

Tell me what you think of it - leave a comment - become a follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails