side bars

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Card Exchange + some RAK!

Time for another card exchange at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking ... this time it is Christmas Cards!

Yay, I just love Christmas and love making my handmade cards so much too.  I know there are people who look forward to my cards ... I'm sure there are others who just don't give a damn weather they get a card from me or not, let alone weather it was lovingly hand made or not.

I scraplifted this design from this website - I loved the simplicity of it, the white space, the embossing ... everything about it screamed LORENA!  So, here is my take on it.  It was more than a 3 step process ... but then again, what card isn't??

The dove I heat embossed with UT 3 times, then after it cooled I cracked it and inked it to bring out the cracks.  The wreath is embossed in white, then the leaves coloured with my Copic Markers and then a touch of Distress Ink (Antique Linen) to bring out the embossing.  A twine bow and an embossed sentiment (embossed in a mixture of gold and pewter powders to give an antiqued gold colour) The ornaments or little dots, whatever, on the wreath are Liquid Pearls in Platinum Pearl.

I have to admit, I had fun with this card.  Usually when you are doing 20 of the same card it drags you down after about 5.  Every time I made a card I looked at it and exclaimed "I love this card"

So... for those of you who will be receiving a Christmas card from me ... you may end up receiving a card from the exchange.

If you would like to receive a handmade card from me, leave me a comment with your email address and I will contact you for a mailing address - how is that for RAK??

In the meantime, let me know what you think of this card!

1 comment:

  1. I got to see this card in person the other day, and I have to say the pictures just don't do it justice. The pictures don't show the minute details of the cracking and 'antique' look. Beautiful creation as usual Lorena! I hope to get one of your beautiful hand-made cards this year! I wish I had time to hand-make mine too, maybe next year!
    P.S. what is RAK?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails