side bars

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas is coming - a PageMaps layout

Christmas is coming - Christmas is coming!  Are you ready?  I've been thinking of Christmas for well over two months now.  I'm one 'of those' who has my Christmas tree up on the first of December without fail, and would probably have it up mid November if my husband would let me.  This year we haven't had much snow, in fact we didn't even have our first sighting of snow until nearing the end of November, so it's been more difficult for me to get into the Christmas spirit.  Crafting is high on my Christmas to-do list, from the handmade gift tags, to the multitude of Christmas cards I send out, to the individual hand made crafty gifts I give.  I enjoy my little Scrapping Corner in the evenings.

So, here is a layout I did for the Auntie Em's design team - using the PageMaps Calendar's December sketch and my favorite Christmas line of patterned papers Jovial from Basic Grey - yup, it's last year's paper, but it still remains my favorite!!



For my layout I choose a great photo of my daughter on her first Christmas. I fussy cut (and those of you who know me, know how much I *love* to fussy cut) some of the snowmen and snowflakes from one of the patterned papers and popped them up on some of the circles. I also used a Trinket from Bo Bunny and some Webster's Pages Trim. The poinsettias are about as old as my stash is, they must be at least 6 years old - lets put it this way they are older than when Prima started dating everything on their tins; and since they don't even use tins anymore - they are old LOL!!




The journaling I snagged from an AWESOME 600+ page book available at Auntie Em's called "Inspiration Station" it is just full of verses and quotes and poems. Also it has a whole section devoted to layout titles! Great if you are stuck for writing something or just want to add a little bit of sophistication to your page. You won't be disappointed with this book!  Again I used my sewing machine to stitch around the outside of my layout and inked with distress ink, um... just about everything!

Let me know what you think! Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE it! You should offer workshops and classes Lorena, seriously. I am itching to learn from you! I've never heard of the term 'fussy cutting' is that when you hand-cut things out? I was going to ask how you made those little embellishments with the snowmen, now I know! You make me want to run to my own little scrapping corner & get busy!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails