side bars

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig

Crisp blue, cool steely grey, a hint of mossy green and a dash of chocolate brown accent.  The Winter Twig collection from Little Yellow Bicycle is great to work with.  I have always loved the canvas like texture to LYB papers.  I did however pair this winter paper with photos of my son that were not taken in the winter at all, they were in fact taken in the hottest week in September, but the colour in his shirt really went well with this paper - who says you have to have winter photos on a winter paper? 
Little One

I kept a very horizontal look to this very simple layout and added a title that I cut with my Cricut (Calligraphy Collection) and distressed with some Ranger Distressing Inks (vintage photo & gathered twigs)  Two of my handmade flowers top off this layout and of course some Prima leaves tucked in there.  I am SO not afraid to put flowers on my boy layouts - not even a little!


Smile


I used Ranger Distress Stain in Picket Fences to tone down the beautiful pine cone paper so that I could journal on it. I altered the colour on the button to my liking by using my copic markers and giving it a textured look. My favorite chipboard letters from Basic Grey (Piper in Milk Chocolate Chip - and had I known they would discontinue making them I would have bought 50 packages!!!)  I made my own flowers as usual - two different styles; and if you are interested in learning some of my flower techniques I suggest that you sign up for my flower making class that I will be giving at Tina's Scrapbooking Creations on April 25th.  I supply all the materials and show you how to make 5 different flowers to add to your layouts, cards and altered projects, all for the amazing low cost of $20!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails