side bars

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tina's Scrapbooking Winter kit --->> the results

Tina's Winter 2011/2012 Contest kit was nothing short of amazing.
I have a love for pink, and those of you who know me will know that I don't need an excuse to make a pink layout - heck I would even scrap my son on a pink page if I think I could get away with it!


Here is the rundown for what is in the Winter kit.


My Little Shoebox - Winter Wonderland - Gum Drop Lane (2)
My Little Shoebox - Winter Wonderland - Starburst
My Little Shoebox - Winter Wonderland - Cardstock Sticker
Doodlebug Designs - Santa's Workshop - Pretty poinsettias (2)
Doodlebug Designs - Santa's Workshop - Jolly Dots (2)
Doodlebug Designs - Santa's Workshop - Holiday Tweed(2)
Doodlebug Designs - Santa's Workshop - 4x6 cutouts (2)
1 sheet white cardstock (smooth)
1 sheet light blue cardstock (textured)
1 sheet light pink cardstock (textured)
2 white snowflake buttons
6 felt snowflakes (blues and white)
4 snowflake stickers
1 Clear Scraps plastic snowflake (clear) 4"
12" pink stitched ribbon
1 large white Tim Holtz tag

An amazing photo taken on Christmas day 2011.  I used several boarder punches to give this affect, and liquid pearls for all the 'snow' dots.  For the acrylic snowflake I used white StazOn ink and stamped snowflakes and the edges of the snowflake.


 This is my least favorite of my layouts - it's too busy for my liking.  I used the snowflake buttons in the centres of my poinsettias and coloured them yellow - worked for me!!

A fantastic photo taken by the ever talented Jennifer Carroll over at Live Laugh Photograph
 Inspired by the Damien Hirst spot paintings - as I had NO idea what to do with this polka dot paper!!
Coloured the title with my copics and glued to clear acetate and popped up with Scrap Dots

 My favorite layout of the bunch, it's pink, need I say more?  Handmade flowers again, and leaves.




So, as you can see I got quite a few layouts out of this kit - five to be exact, and I could have squeezed out another one or a few cards had I given myself a bit more time, and I have no excuses - I just never picked up the kit until it was almost closing time.  My favorite layout is the first one I made "Angel" I'm really happy with the way the flowers turned out and the title.  Except for that I used my entire allotted 12" of ribbon on this title. 

Remember I have a flower making techniques class coming up at Tina's Scrapbooking on April 25th - call or email to reserve your spot!

I'm pleased as punch to say that I shared the victory of winning the Winter kit prize with the Uber tallented Christine Levere-Vanderbroek!

~Lorena~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails