side bars

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunshine and happiness - welcome spring!

May is here - which means all the pretty flowers are blooming, the weather is warming up, and the days get longer and my kids will be in better moods and I will be once again relieved from "sock matching duty" man do I hate doing that - I hate socks in general - but I hate to have to match them up into pairs and distribute the correct socks back to their owners.  Ah the sweet smell of summer around the corner, oh how I missed you!

This month at Auntie Em's we are featuring the Bella Blvd. line called Sunshine & Happiness and using the Pagemaps Calendar.  We are using embossing techniques.  I found that this collection has alot of bright summery colours too it, in fact in true Bella Blvd. style there are tones of colours, too many really.  I wanted to use some photos of my kiddies from last summer's adventures for this layout.  I chose to pull out the greens and oranges from the layout.  I did some heat embossing with white embossing powder and my Prima "hex net" stamp - oh how I love that stamp, I looked long and hard for it to!  I also masked off the edge of one of the patterned papers and inked and embossed the edge with Antique Linen distress ink and clear embossing powder.  I dry embossed two styles of polka dots behind each of the photo matings, and clear embossed the orange popsicle as an embellishment.  I added some flowers and done done.




Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails