side bars

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A craft room in progress ....

I am in the process of renovating my craft room.  Actually, let me rephrase this.  My *husband* is in the process of renovating my craft room.  My duties are to purchase the supplies and keep the kids out of the basement while Daddy works.  I think it is a great arrangement ... I'm so lucky to have a handy husband.





Step one was to move all my worldly belongings out of my craft room and into the guest room, then rip up the decades old carpet, paint, lay new flooring, assemble Ikea furniture, mount counter tops, hang shelves, assemble more Ikea furniture, installing a new fluorescent light.  Then and only after all the renovations were done was I allowed to PURGE - that is a very liberating feeling to be able to go through all of my years worth of collected "goodies" and assure myself that I don't need it, that I don't want it, and that it will be much happier living in someone else's collection.  I think the motivation came from the fact that I didn't want to have to bring it back into my highly organized and cleansed room.  Oh, and this renovation has nearly doubled my space, as I have taken over my husband's computer area (he has been relegated to the guest room)

I will share some photos of the finished room, filled with my 'stuff' again, but for now, here are the photos of the desk assembly, and the shelving etc.

If you are interested in any of my cast off craft supplies, there is a HUGE scrapbooking yard sale coming up on July 7th at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking in Cornwall.  I've warned Emma that I will need a table unto myself!  And I'll tell you, my stuff is going CHEAP - my goal is to not have to bring it home again, I don't want to have to find a hiding space for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails