side bars

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

It's a bird, it's a song, it's a Songbird!

Prima has so many beautiful lines out with their last CHA release.  Songbird was one I truly enjoyed working with.  I took a class with the Uber talented Cari Fennell on National Scrapbooking day where we used this collection on some tags.  I had so much left over I knew I was going to do a layout. And when Emma provided the DT with the collection as well, I knew that the extra from my layout and the tag class I will have enough for more than one layout.  So, here is my first 'extra' layout.
This layout is about my teeth .... yes, you read me right, I did a layout about my teeth, or rather my braces.  I'm not sure how many of you knew that I had braces on my teeth from March 2010 until May 2012.  It's a shame I didn't do this before my wedding, I would have loved my wedding photo even more.   The photos on this layout were taken the day my braces came off ... what a day that was!  I also have a hidden photo in a pocket of me before I had braces - wow, what a transformation!

On this layout I used 'washi tape' for the first time - it really is easy to use, it adds a little bit of dimension and pattern.  I also did some doodling on the banners.  Three things that are very trendy in the world of scrapbooking currently; washi tape, doodling and banners.





If you would like to see this layout in person, please visit Auntie Em's Scrapbooking in Cornwall!

Let me know what you think!

~Lorena~

1 comment:

  1. love the idea of the story ~ great layout, love the pocket too

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails