side bars

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gift Card Holder - Tutorial

I love to create my own handmade gifts for my loved ones at Christmas time. However there are some you just don't know what to make for. That's when I give gift cards so that they can buy what they would like!
So, here is a beautiful gift card holder that I designed to look like a wallet.




I used my Big Shot to dry emboss a leather grain onto some white paper (8 1/2 x 4 1/2) so when it is folded it is almost square.




I then used two different colours of distress ink to give it a worn leather look.






I covered the whole paper with clear heat embossing powder and heated it to give a very shiny look to it.





I cut strips of paper of different heights for pockets to hold the gift cards.





I hand stitched the edges for a more authentic look.





Added a ribbon and 'hitch ball' closure.

1 comment:

  1. this is just beautiful card holder you have shared..i might need such info when design Gift Card envelopes..thanks you share it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails