side bars

Monday, December 10, 2012

An Elf On A Shelf - mixed media style

So, I have been watching the She-Art trend take over the scrapbooking and mixed media world for about a year now.  I have to say, I do like Christy Tomlinson's style, but I wasn't sure if I 'got' the She-Art movement.  What does that have to do with An Elf On A Shelf you ask?? Well that's another really *hot* thing going on right now - this little elf that you purchase to keep an eye on your kids and report back to Santa.  I'll be the first to admit, they are a little creepy looking.  So, I decided I wanted to try my hand at the She-Art and in doing so I decided to do it Elf On A Shelf style.  So, here is my first attempt - not exactly what I was thinking, it's not a great likeness of "Lucy" our elf, but hey I had fun with the process, and I will do it again.

 
 
 

Ingredients:

Patterned paper - Pink Paislee (Mistletoe & Co. - Postcards); Teresa Collins - (Noel - Tags & Borders), Graphic 45 (Fashionista - Vintage Cherries), Carta Bella (Winter Fun - Snow Crystals), Bo Bunny - (Wholigins - Whoo-ligans), Stampin Up (Newprint designer series)
Stencil - Prima Marketing
Stamps - Christy Tomlinson (tattered chicken wire), Stampendous (Merry Snowman)
Misc. - gesso, texture paste, black doodle pen, ribbon, distress ink, chalk ink


Be kind, follow my blog and leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!!! I love the paper piecing you did..great Elf on the Shelf she art style!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails