side bars

Friday, March 29, 2013

Take a Time Out

Using up some stash I have from last year, the Annalee collection from Prima - I put my mixed media skills, rudimentary as they may be, to the task with this layout. I wanted to keep the colours soft and allow the photo to take over. I did alot of paint techniques and masking with modeling paste. The title I used an alpha stamp set I picked up on clearance - I love the old English type.  The "out" part of the title is chipboard alphas from Basic Grey and I painted half of them with shimmer paint then loaded them with glue and chunky glitter.  I think this technique would look good as frost or snow on a layout too.  I altered the Prima clock with crackle accents.  Painted my vine to match the papers, splatters of gelatos all over - in fact too much I had to gesso and start over in one spot that I got a little crazy.  Rolls of paper round up this layout that took me close to 3 days to complete due to drying time.
 
Time Out
 
 
 
 
 
Here's the funny part, my daughter wasn't even on a time out ... she was just sitting on the step looking all cute, but it sure does look like she's on a time out doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous layout!!look at you going all mixed media,lady who hates to get her hands dirty,lol.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails