side bars

Monday, February 17, 2014

Culinary Arts ... only the best fettuccini I've ever made

My kids love my cooking.  My husband loves my cooking.  I love my cooking, and I love to cook.  Sometimes I think I missed my calling being a banker.  I think what the difference between my cooking and my husband's cooking or others who don't enjoy to cook is that I love to use spices.  Different spices for different meals, and knowing what to use in what dishes, that's what sets apart  a fantastic meal from cooking for sustainability. 

 
Tonight's menu was fettuccini Alfredo with chicken and Broccoli.  I started with chicken breasts, I cooked them in a skillet with water and some El Dorado seasoning from Epicure - it is a tomato and bell pepper based seasoning with a fair bit of heat to it. 
The fettuccini I cooked al dente and drizzled with a bit of rosemary olive oil.
Steamed broccoli.
My sauce I made a simple white sauce with butter and flower, heavy cream and milk, bring to a boil over low heat stirring constantly.  Add in some Herb & Garlic seasoning from Epicure, parsley, a touch of nutmeg.  I finely chopped some sun-dried tomatoes and tossed them in.  After it thickens add fresh grated parmesan cheese. 
Toss in a generous portion of fresh baby spinach into the chicken just until wilted and serve up!

The kids loved it.... so did I.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails